The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 301 - HD wrap-up

It was quite a week..and all I have to say is TGIF!!!

But before I move on to the weekend I am going to review the trip I took this last Wednesday and Thursday

First I have to show two things I don't use in my line of work but I would love to have at home

Baroque in door/out door hard formed furniture - love it!


Also painted branch art work, I plan to copy this in my house

Okay now for the design stuff...First up - all things lighting:

That's my boss showing off the scale of this huge column light


Then there were giant hanging light fixtures made of thin wood veneer


3-form eco-resin light fixtures

A super crazy restaurant entrance all lit up with a 3-form reception desk at Aria inside the new City Center

Also at the City Center - angled walls with back lighting


Next up - Feature wall treatments:

Daisy Cake chain metal screen wall with painted logo (also Lily Jack makes my favorite furniture)

Hanging glass orb curtain walls


String walls in a City Center restaurant


Carved gyp board wall panels - best seamless design

Next up - Tile:

Andy Warhol ceramic tiles with wood grain pattern and splashed with bold colors


Metals and stone basket weaves

Stone mosaic tiles and glitter grout

Stacked stone walls with mod wood latus work

And lastly - All things translucent:

Glass railing and soffit at interior skylight

3-form Geco wall


The Ocean Club at City Center - 2 story wood dining structure (in the abstract shape of a fish)

City Center lobby at Aria - Glass, glass and more glass

Glass water feature wall at a 2nd story lobby and lower level theater entrance


And lastly, a stacked resin wall at City Center

So that's the best of what I saw and the latest of what's hot in design!




No comments:

Post a Comment