The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 282 - Happy birthday to My Bob

Today is my dad's birthday
Yesterday was the real celebration...but now that my parent's actually live "in town"
 It was no big deal to get everyone together again today

So here is the weekend wrap up of Myk being in town and my dad turning 56!

First, Myk came to our house and made the most amazing cake (and we helped!!!)
Oh and the little hippie made us buy certified organic, cage free eggs
(After reading an article all about eggs in the Spirit magazine on the plane)
And when everyone loved the cake she swore the eggs are what made the difference
I love my little Cali sister!!! Please don't be mad we tease you Myk because you are wonderful
And the cake really did taste great...although I will never get behind coconut milk Myk so stop trying!




That's right...these cakes got "neon" food coloring




We even did a layer with orange and pink swirls


Adding butter cream frosting

The naked stack...All 6 layers



Myk adding the frosting, piping, and fresh strawberries 

Ta-da the finished masterpiece...this seriously took her all day!!!


Oh yeah, and this is what I was up to...wrapping up all of our gag gifts
Don;t worry we also got him some rose bushes so he can start a garden at the new house
My dad had grown beautiful roses in our last 2 houses and this one will be no different

After the day of present buying and cake making we all met at Benihana for Bob's birthday dinner

Here's us!

And us with the best waiter ever...and possibly Myk's future husband?!?!?

Kipp and Nickee

Mom, dad, Myk's pretend significant other, and Myk...oh the 7th wheel

The Bob and Myk

Being sung happy birthday in both English and Japanese


Back at the house Steve light's up the candles...

And we all sing Happy Birthday to dad and have our first family celebration in the new house

And here is one last look at Myk's cake...pretty great right

So there it is; The first birthday in my parent's new house
I think the standards have been set pretty high!




1 comment:

  1. Yay for the delicious egg cake! Thanks for the help, couldn't have done without you two!

    ReplyDelete