The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 128 - What you missed

As promised here are the Thanksgiving high lights from the Riehle house...

First - Mine and Steve's turkey
Injected with apple juice, rubbed with rock sugar, and sprinkled with cinnamon




 Next is Kipp and his Turkey - a mix of herbs and spices and a pinch of cinnamon


And Bob - Well, I'm not sure...it was kind of a blur of injections and rubs...but it was good


After marinating for an hour and before the hot oil bath, the turkeys get a message to get the juices flowing


Then the turkeys went in the fryer...and 25 minuets later...golden delicious!!!


And in the mean time the sides and pies got baked in the house thanks to Myk and Mom



(The first picture is candid and the picture on the right is stages...both make Mim look miniature)

 Finally the table gets set and the candles are lit


And new Thankful Tages are made to continue the Thankful garland tradition


And just because she managed to escape all of the picture documenting her hard work...
Here is Grandma and I relaxing after dinner





2 comments:

  1. yay for all of the pictures, great work! And I love the picture of you and grandma... precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Summer! I think I need to make you official family historian! Great job capturing the highlights of the day(s). And I LOVE the picture of you and Grandma! One of the best ever. The whole weekend was amazing and wonderful for me! Love you!

    ReplyDelete