The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 116 - Confessions of a hoarder

Hi, my name is Summer and I am a hoarder

Okay, it's nothing too serious...I'm a fairly neat and clean person whose decisions are based in logic
But I have a major soft spot for disposable containers that just seem too good to dispose of
I just can't bring myself to throw away something that can be reused
Especially if it's a good shape and has a twist off top

So here it is...the two containers I just can't resist

First up, i.d. powdered make-up containers
Small, sturdy, modern shape, clear holder with twist off opaque top, available in 3 sizes
So far I have reused one as a jewelry holder while traveling or in my purse
5 as vacation memory displays (I put sand and mini shells from our family trip to Maui in them)
Those were actually supposed to be family Christmas gifts 2 years ago but I lost them until we moved
And I just used one to hold my home made tinted moisturizer cream I made this morning
And I still have 11 empty ones (and another 12 still with make-up in them) ready for more crafting



Second, The Simply juice containers
I don't know why, I just love these juice bottles
The shape, the green top...they're just so cute
And seeing how I drink 1 orange juice or 1 apple juice a week...well we have a lot of these
So far we have only reused them to hold crystal light (both regular and raspberry lemonade - yum)
But that is still something...we save a lot buying the powder stuff and making "juice" at home

But I have big dreams for these containers too...
I want to use these for premixed cocktails (and mocktails) with custom labels
All sitting in a large round galvanized bucked full of ice on the back patio...
or sitting on doilies surrounded by lemons and flowers in the center of round tables with white table clothes
And the labels can have table numbers on them... 
Do you see what I'm talking about!!! I love parties and crafting things for parties





1 comment:

  1. yay! I am excited to see what comes out of these things... and don't worry, I am a bit of a hoarder as well... yipes

    ReplyDelete