The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 38 - Division Street

(The daunting project files that hang over my head...just think, 20 work hours and two deadlines to go....and then California and Mykaela)

Today I worked on site plans for a campus of buildings on the corner of Division Street and Dell Ave
And all day the the lyrics "lights out on Division Street" rang in my head
 They're from the song Division Street on one of the best albums ever made, War All Of The Time,
 by one of my all time favorite bands Thursday 

A small sample of the lyrics...

Lights out on Division Street

Lights out on Division Street
I held you tight like an empty bottle...
But the glass broke
(and the poison spilled out of your mouth)
Hello? Hello? Is anybody there?
The house turned black and sat in silence
(while a mockingbird sang)
lalalalalala, listen to yourself
go on and on, as if you spoke to someone else.

Lights out on Division Street
I'm repeating
Goodbye to the memories,
(the fever that will not break)
the night is pouring down,
its not enough to put this out,
i'll burn up before i wake up.
(on Division Street)
This is serious,
This is serious,
If this is serious
I'll hide my heart in dark parades.

Between the footsteps I hear crickets in the trees
a silent army marching with me through a swarm of bees
a needle dragged across a record slowing down
along Division St. the lights were dying out


No comments:

Post a Comment