The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 34 - Down the rabbit-hole

"You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes"
- Morpheus, The Matrix



I have a sinus infection, my period (with killer cramps), light insomnia, and possibly a cold...
I don't like taking medicine and I almost never mix medicine (even when it's safe to)
So the question is: Which pill do I take tonight?

If I take the blue pill (NyQuil) I will sleep all the way through the night without any dreams (if you knew my dreams you would understand no dreams are a good thing) ...but I will be so knocked out that I wont move at all during the night so the back of my head is going to get all hot and sweaty and my back will probably be stiff...and it might take me a while to fall asleep because my sinus will still be congested and annoying.

If I take the white pill (Wal-phed or Claritin D) my sinuses will clear up and feel amazing ...but these pills do make me feel jittery and wide awake so I might not fall asleep right away and when I do fall asleep I will have what I call "flip book" dreams (it's when all night long my mind is running through split seconds of several dreams all scattered together almost like a flip book) This makes me feel some what mentally exhausted in the morning...but I am still "wired' and can usually wake up and get going instantly.

If I take the mini blue pill (sleep aid) I will fall asleep right away ...but probably wake up once or twice during the night with a very frustrating dream or a scary dream and then when I wake up in the morning I will feel sluggish and groggy for about an hour or so and be somewhat useless all morning. 

And as far as the red pill (Advil) and the pink pill (cramp medicine) these are useful during the day (and if I only had a period to deal with) but add in the sinus and sleep issues and I know these just wont cut it when it comes to trying to get sleep.

NyQuil it is...goodnight and see you on the other side!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment