The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 31 - Sunny side up

Today was one of those days...
No, there was no major drama or catastrophe...just a lot of little stuff that wears on a person.
First it was hot...114 degrees hot, and there was a hot dry wind that seemed to slap me in the face all day.
After a wonderful weekend in Utah of breathing and feeling amazing...
I am back to having heavy, irritated and draining sinuses. My whole face hurts.
All day these things wore on me.
(I know it doesn't sound bad but honestly the face hurting thing alone is killing me!!!)
Then there was the normal annoyances of: hating work, worrying about money,
cleaning the kitchen for the millionth time, sweating like crazy while out running errands
 (at 7:00 in the evening), and worrying about money again...

So I came walking out of Micheal's ready to give the day up as a loss
Then I saw this...





I love Arizona sunsets and Arizona summer storms

None of these pictures begin to capture what I saw...
the sky was a dark purple-blue with hot glowing spots of fuchsia, burning orange and brilliant gold
Thick sheets of rain poured down in the distance
 and small bits of bright blue sky peeked through shrinking gaps in the silver lined clouds
  It was breath taking...and a small reminder that even days like today or worth waking up for.

No comments:

Post a Comment