The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 29 - On a wing and a prayer

We left Utah on a wing and a prayer...
After a weekend of wonderful weather we got to the airport just in time for a major storm to roll in
We sat at our gate for an extra hour waiting and waiting for our plane
(which turned out to be the smallest plane I have ever been on...24 seats only!!!)

When we finally boarded the plane the flight attendant told the couple in front of us that the delay was actually due to our plane getting "messed up in the storm while landing and it having to have some stuff fixed before we could board it" (why on earth would the flight attendant think this was a good way to reassure us)

So during the tail end of the storm we took off for home in a tiny "fixed" plane...

Waiting to board the plane outside in the rain and wind...
(Good thing I was dressed for Arizona's 110 degree weather!)

Sitting on the runway waiting to take off...

And then we were over Arizona and the big blue, rain free skies I'm so used to.


No comments:

Post a Comment