The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 9 - All fired up

My husband and I are obsessed with Yankee Candles and have been for years.

This is how we started our August...Ummmm, Midnight Jasmine


And this is our collection of upcoming scents all snug in the linen closet

We pick out a candle for each month, carefully planning out our seasons and the scents we will remember them by. There are old favorites that will never change like Spiced Pumpkin (October), Autumn Leaves (November), Balsam and Cedar (December) and some new additions like Beach Vacation (July), Midnight Jasmine (August), and Farmer's Market (September). It's so much fun picking out each scent and sooo hard waiting for their month to shine!

Living in Arizona we don't get get to experience the changing of seasons.
February, March and April are heavenly...
May feels like most states summer...
Then starting in June and lasting through September we have our "extreme summer" where the daily lows are higher than most states highs (this year has been the worst with July's lows hovering around 90 degrees)... 
October is still hot, but it is the first month when the evenings start to cool down (Halloween is usually our first "cold" evening)...
Then November is something similar to fall (or so I'm told...as a native Phoenician I wouldn't know)...
December and January are a very mild winter (if you really can call it winter...my husband is wearing shorts and t-shirt in all of our last 8 Christmas photos)

So as you can see we rely heavily on Yankee Candles to help make our seasons...
And as a result we collect a bunch of jars...but there are always greats ways to use a nice jar and lid!

And I have many more plans for how to use these jars so stay posted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment