The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 16 - Food for thought

A box of croissants sitting atop a box of donuts
that's how work says "good morning" on Monday

 
A tiny (but surprisingly delicious) frozen meal
is how I say "bye,bye" to bad office snacking habits

"So what's the point?" you say...
Well, while heating up my lunch today a coworker came into the kitchen and grabbed his lunch - 3 yogurts
Another opted for a plate of cheese and crackers...
And another ate a donut, and another just skipped over lunch all together...
(keep in mind my coworkers ages range from Late 30's to late 50's)

I am by far the youngest person in the office and surprisingly the best eater
(which is crazy considering my favorite foods are bacon, cheese, and potatoes)
Normally frozen meals don't make the "good for you" list but if you keep to the brands like
Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, and Smart Ones the calories are low and the sodium is reasonable.
Truth is I got on the frozen food kick because of the low cost..but as good as some of the meal taste, I can't wait for the recession to be over so I can go back to eating real food for lunch!
(and I think my coworkers feel the same way) 


No comments:

Post a Comment