The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 54 - Shave and a hair cut - Two bits


   

Steve trimmed up his beard and cut his hair, then I tapered and cleaned up his neck
This is what we do about once a month for the past 6 years
I would say that these clippers have definitely paid for themselves!

Every time we do this little routine I think of two things...
# 1) the book "Sarah Plain and Tall" and how they cut their hair on the porch
and then scattered the cut  hair over the yard so that birds could use it for nest making
And # 2) the little rhyme my mom would sing to me when I was little...
"Shave and a hair cut - Two bits, Who's gonna cut it...

Mim what are the rest of the lyrics? 

1 comment:

  1. Tom Blitz. Where ya gonna get it? Back yard. E I E I O Shampoo!

    ReplyDelete