The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 246 - Orange you glad I didn't say grapefruit?

Today Mykaela asked me when the grapefruit on our tree would be ripe
I told her I had no idea...and doubted they would be any good at all because of the frost we had
Plus most of them never grew very large, their color seemed a bit too light and the tree was already blooming

She was not convinced...so she plucked one off the tree and cut it open
It was perfectly perfect - who would have known
So we picked...and picked...and picked

Our tree had so much more fruit on it than I would have ever guessed
We picked for an hour and probably only got half the fruit off the tree

These pictures below are the "after"...showing all of the fruit that we couldn't get too

 


After collecting all of the grapefruit I decided that it would be fun to squeeze it and make some juice
Oh and I finally got to put my old orange juice bottles to use...



Yup, one hour in and I had squeezed over 36 grapefruits and had three bottles of juice 
And that's when I gave up for the day...and then realized how much fruit I had left



Yikes, that's a lot of fruit to squeeze!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment