The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 226 - Black is the new black

Starting in high school I used brown in everything...clothes, furniture, decorating, art, crafts...
I was a sucker for neutrals then and still am today...but my new love is black!
 The last few years I have been trading out all of my brown tone things for blacks and grays
And I'm not alone...the whole design world is going crazy for black based neutrals

Not long ago Steve and I started to bring black neutrals into our home
First we stared with painting our house a gray-beige, then we started switching out all of our light fixtures,
Then came the black paint - we started painting our interior doors, exterior doors, furniture...
And now, finally, the stair railing!!!! We started small just to make sure the paint went on smoothly
And the test was a success...we are in love with the look and feel of the finish
Now all we have to do is take the rest of the rails off and paint them (yikes)

The last shot you're going to see of our stair with bare wood railing

The area we took off to test paint


Ta-da! The begining of the end...our first section painted and drying

A close up: It is a semigloss finish with the wood grain pattern still showing through...Love it!

We'll show you more once we get it all finish (which could be a while!)

No comments:

Post a Comment