The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 190 - Work Interupted

The plan was to finish our 2nd kitchen project today (the first project being the coutertops)
This project is a prep island for the bay window bump out in our kitchen
We currently have a small table and chairs in our bay...and I love the way it looks
But as cute as our kitchen is we are seriously lacking in food prep space
(I don't think we have a length of uninterrupted counter greater than 3 lineal feet)

Anyway, we got the "building bug" a while ago and this seemed like the perfect first project
Plus buying a pre-made kitchen cart/island like we want would cost around $700 (minimum)
Yesterday we bought the supplies, made the plan (yes, those two steps usually are reversed),
Made all our cuts, drilled all of the pocket holes, and sanded all of the pieces down
Today was the assembling the whole piece and the building of the bottom shelf...sounds simple...
And although the day went very smoothly, it still took a lot longer than planned...
Plus the day was cut short when we discovered one of the dogs (probably Ash) had an accident inside
And once we realized Ash was covered in "accident" we stopped the build day and had a wash day
So it looks like the painting will have to be pushed to another day...but we're still happy with the day



Steve reading the nail gun instructions / My Grandpa Kegebein's table saw



Shelf & leg detail / My favorite leg: half red & half white


The butcher block top island: minus it's paint job



Possible shelf storage idea (yeah this thing is huge!!!)

And now on to the puppy wash day...


Wes sad...


Wes sad, but pretty...


Wes pissed!!!


Ash before she knew she was getting washed too...


Ash pretty sure life is over...


Ash pissed as well...



And yes Kipp, under all of that hair Ash is a very skinny girl so lay off!!!



1 comment:

  1. I am just so impressed with both of you! (and no I am not talking to Wes and Ashby). The cart looks amazing, and I am thinking I might need to hire you to build me one for the new place. Can't wait to see it totally finished!

    ReplyDelete