The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 183 - Winter Goal

I didn't make any New Years resolutions this year...
And surprisingly I have done more this year (and we are only 23 days into it!) than any other year
So it feels risky to make a goal or resolution right now...but I'm going for it

Steve got me this book (see below) about and written by Major Dick Winters
The book and mini series Band of Brothers revolves around him and his Easy Company Regiment
I've never read the book Band of Brother, but I did watch every minuet of the mini series
I fell in love with the "character" Dick Winters and couldn't believe he could possibly be a real person

I recently read an article on MSNBC about his passing last year and had a few excepts from his book
I was captivated by how articulate and inspiring his writing was (but then I knew the man was amazing) 
I emailed the article to Steve to read...and he immediately ordered the book

So that's where we are today...I have Winter's book and I am going to read it
Each word on each page (if you know me at all you'll know that's a big deal)
I am dyslexic so it could take me the whole year to do it...but believe me it will be worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment