The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 91 - All things Halloween

Today the Cowley side of the family came over for pumpkin carving
It was a little too warm to do it outside so we set up a table in the family room and went to town... 



My pumpkin is the mini white one (seen above right) and instead of carving it the traditional way
I used Steve's Dremel to etch shallow flower patterns into it
The effect was pretty cool...but pretty messy...

My poor Wes was laying under me and when I looked down at him this is what I saw... 


Oh and I forgot to get a picture of my pumpkin -
And it is already shriveled and ugly after sitting in the sun this afternoon

But no worries...after our little pumpkin party Steve and I seeded for winter grass
And Steve snapped this picture of me after doing a little work on the sprinkler system


Good News: We will have some awesome winter grass in a couple of weeks

Bad News: There is still more work to be done on the sprinklers...and our grass is full of mini spiders

1 comment:

  1. I love all of your pictures in this post! And Wes is just plain adorable... I really wish there was a picture of your pumpkin because that idea sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete