The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day 75 - If you can't say anything nice...




I spent the last 2 days creating presentation boards for one of our corporate design projects
The pallet is very sleek and sophisticated...tones of grays and ivories with touches of yellow and navy
We always strive to give a client a layout and pallet that best fits their taste and style
while functioning to meet all of their work needs - and this design and pallet does just that!

It just so happens that this space is going into an existing building...
A building that has a twin...a twin that we also designed
(And naturally the clients/tenants of the two buildings are rivals)

In the first building we had clients/tenants that were bold with exotic taste
Their space was filled with reds and golds accented in bold black touches
Every one in our offices raved over the finish pallet we created for the project
And us in the design team...well we loved it too

This new building is very different but just as beautiful...or at least I think so
And I say "I" because while working on these boards today I was given a very different opinion of it!
A coworker walked right into the break room (also the work room) and bluntly declared...
"Well that's boring"...now I don't typically share her opinion so I didn't mind too much...
So I replied, "It is a very tone on tone space...lots of gray, but it's pretty"
To which she said, "So boring...it needs red, bold pops of accent colors"
Me: "Oh, yeah...well we are using the bright yellow and navy to accent" (pointing to our pretty paint)
Her: "Well, that mustard yellow isn't going to cut it"
At that point I just shut my mouth, kept my head down and finished the boards

I get that not everyone likes the same things...and my design pride wasn't hurt -
I design these space to fit my client, not myself...
But really - this is going to be a beautiful space - even if you don't like gray or neutrals
I just will never understand how some people can be so opinionated and so forceful with those opinions...
Especially when talking to the person who helped create the object/idea/thing!


         

The color pallet...just proving that grays and yellow can be bold and beautiful
(red is not the only accent color out there people!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment