The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 353 - Keepin' it real in the streets

I got home from running errands this evening and it was actually "nice" out
(Or at least nice for Phoenix in July)
A monsoon is rolling in so there is a bit of a breeze and the sky is lighting up with all kinds of colors

Captivated, I took a moment to snap a shot looking down our street


And then a picture in the other direction
This one is a blurry shot but it's worth putting up because I have yet to tell you about our neighbors...


We don't really know them...but they seem nice enough
They are probably in their 60's...
Have at least one grown child (I believe married) and a young grandchild
They have two very cute, but very barky papillons puppies...
And apparently they have a thing for flags!

They nearly put up a different flag every day...they seriously have hundreds of them!
(I have a theory that they own a flag store and this is kind of advertising for them)
It's become a little game of our to guess what country, state, or military flag they have up each day
And today I have to say I'm stumped! Does anyone know what flag this is?
It's going to bug me until I figure it out



1 comment:

  1. No Idea! But I love the whole flag thing! I dream of putting flag poles I(like 5 of them) around the edge of the lake (grassy side) and flying bright colored flags over the water. Totally against the CC&Rs!!! And probably tacky, but, in my dreams it looks great!

    ReplyDelete