The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 344 - Making room

Today we re-gifted the teak wall unit that was in our bonus room...
And have officially started down the path of creating my dream craft/ storage/ work room

Here's how the room had been set up...


Here it is now without the wall unit...


And here are some rough sketches of what I want to do with the space...



I want to add a window (storage) bench with bookcase towers at the far end of the room
Two tall/wide storage cabinets and a long stretch of countertop and upper open shelving on the left side
With art and picture display space on the right side (the wall with the exterior door & dog crates)

I wanted to get 2 of these from ikea for storage cabinets (to replace the teak unit)
But we measured the space and our ceiling is 3/4" too low (wa-wa)

So now it looks like we might go with 2 of these (also from ikea) instead...
They are a little wider which I like and about 8" lower than the ceiling height, which I can live with
They aren't the color I had my heart set on, but we might try adding some fun hardware...
Or there's always painting them if I really decide that a darker color is best


Now all I need is to save some money so I can get this started!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment