The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 352 - Mimapalooza!

So the weekend is finally winding down...and with it my mom's birthday & Myks visit

Friday Myk came in town and we met up for frozen yogurt

Saturday we had a girls afternoon out at the pool, family dinner in Chandler,
Followed by cake and presents back at my parent's house

Sunday was church and family (me, mom, dad, & Myk) dinner
(Although I went to the wrong church and missed half of it!)

So yeah, as you can tell...it was a pretty nice little weekend / mimapalooza that we had!

Now back to the good part: Pictures from Saturday:

I made the Stella cake (thanks to Adrienne's great find on the Coco & Kelly blog)





It's an orange lemon cake, with lemon curd center and lemon orange zest frosting

Then cake mom's card and present (made to match the cake of course!)


Out at dinner...my and Myk get the night started right!


The whole family!!!

(Don't mind the dust...we were in the lobby during another monsoon / dust storm)

And mom making friendly with the statue out front



The birthday Queen with Myk (who made her crown and necklace)



And then it was cake time!!!



Mom making a wish and "blowing out" her birthday sparkler

Oh and in case you are wondering what everyone else was up to...

 Myk was doing push ups to impress Bob and Steve


Kipp and Nickee were being mushy - cute



And then mom started to make coffee so we could play "guess the flavor"
(I won this game even without drinking any of the coffee!!!)


So there it is...the weekend and mom's mimapalooza birthday celebration!



1 comment:

  1. And it was my most amazing birthday ever! Love you all so much, and thank you x a million!

    ReplyDelete