The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 324 - Cracked


I bought these candies today under the pretext that they would be for our road trip to Utah in 4 days
Unfortunately I couldn't resist diving into the bags right when we got home from the store
I just hope we are able to resist eating all of these before our trip

*************************************************************

Also as a side not: the Mavs just won the NBA playoffs...over the Heat
And I would just like to take a moment to say "I told you so" to my dad

I'm sure he wont remember, but when the "fab 3" joined the Heat last summer
My dad said that the Heat would dominate the league and have no problem winning the championship
I reminded him of something he taught me when he used to coach...
"A team will always be better than a collection of all-stars"

So I piped up that night and said that I didn't think the Heat would be as unstoppable as everyone thought
They (my dad and Kipp) laughed at me so I said, "we'll see when they don't win this year"
(And in case you didn't watch much this year...the Heat struggled all year)

Now, I have nothing against the Heat, Lebron, Wade, or Bosh
And I will say now that I'm sure if they all stay in Miami they will win the championship next year
Because over the course of the year (and playoffs) they started to become a team
But it sure does feel good to be right...even if no one ever recognizes / remembers it!

1 comment:

  1. I recognize, I remember (I think the discussion was in the kitchen in the Maricopa house) and I agree! I have never been a fan of Dallas, but that team worked together really well to get this championship, at least in the playoffs. (I honestly didn't see them before that) So Congrats, Mavs! And I also think you are right, that Miami will learn from this and be a much better team next season. You know, I don't even think it was ego, on the part of the "Big 3". I think when you get used to being the "go to guy", it is really hard, in one year to learn the role as a "we" instead of an "I". (ok, not so well said, but I think you know what I mean.) I will make sure your dad sees your blog!

    ReplyDelete