The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 257 - Broken record...

We are at day 257 and I am breaking the rules
There will be no picture tonight
I am sick...again
I feel so lame...like every other post is "I'm sick"

And let me clear the air by saying, no I am not pregnant, and no I am not dying (although it feels like it)
We are in the fourth month of the year...and all it's been so far is sick day after sick day
I never get sick! What is this!?!?!? I am actually pretty mad about it

I get 3 sick days a year - 3!
And I used all three of them the first 3 days of the year
I get 10 vacation days...and I have used 3 of those being sick
And apparently in this case, 3 is not a magic number because here I am again

Anyway, Steve and I have a tradition of assigning a family slogan for the year
The first slogan was the year we got engaged and felt like we were on top of the world...
Year one slogan: "In your face world!!!"
My sister even made us honeymoon shirts with that saying on it

The second year is the year we bought our house...
Year two slogan: "We're winning"
It was half sarcastic, half a battle cry for making it through a very tough and stressful process

Year three (last year)...
Well that is the year the economy tanked so bad we didn't know if we'd make it through
I had a 20% pay deduction all year...with a 3 month period of a 50% pay deduction
With the new house paying bills was not easy...and I kept waiting to be laid off
Just a warning...this slogan is rated "R"...it is actually a quote from the movie Super Bad
Year three slogan is: "F*ck me right"
And that's just how the year felt

But we made it through...and my employer is slowly trying to pay us back for some of the lost money
And although 20% is still held from my paycheck...they try to get it back to us every quarter
So things are were starting to pick up
We were waiting to coin a slogan for this year until we got further in it...
And secretly I had been toying with "It's happening" to signify that things were looking up
(And they kind of are so don't freak out mom and think I'm severely depressed...just venting I swear)
Anyway...after this 3 rounds of being so sick I can't move, I am tabling that slogan for now

So here's hoping now that I vented I will get better, feel fine tomorrow and we can get back on track for making this year the year we say, "It's happening!!!"



No comments:

Post a Comment