The Goal: to take and post at least one picture each day for the entire year that I'm 27.

I find that I rush through the day, to rush through the week, to get to the weekend...just to find that an entire year goes by in the blink of an eye. So, on the eve of my last day as a 26 year old I decided to make a change. I challenged myself to take the time each day and find at least one moment worth remembering, hoping that in this way I will learn to live each day for what it is. For regardless of how uniform the days may feel at a glace each one is truly unique and worth cherishing.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 133 - Getting red-y

Okay, so the post title is a little lame...but I did spend an entire day adding red to our normal decor
I like to decorate the house with red, silver, and clear glass (along with greenery)
There is just something about the deep candy red next to the sleek shiny silver that makes everything sparkle
I still have a ways to go on the decorating...but today was a good start


Oh, and guess what wasn't very cheery and took the wind right out of my sails...


Finding this guy on top of my Christmas decorations in the garage...luckily he was already dead
(I think he got inside the smooth plastic bin,couldn't climb out, and starved...which does make me sad)
But dead or alive, placing my hand on him really freaked me out!
The rest of the ornament unpacking was a very slow process as I very gingerly looked for more "surprises"
After not seeing one in a few months, I get lulled into a false sense of security and forget to be careful
But I will remember to always keep an eye out for these critters now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment